Not quite, but we will be active participants in the Town of Normal 1-5-0 Year Anniversary: Circus Day! This event takes place all day on September 12th.
Check out the band at 11 am and 3:30 pm between the Children’s Discovery Museum (map) and the Uptown Station as we switch between traditional big band jazz and circus style marches (a first). Look for the Cole Bros. Circus Calliope, which will be just behind our stage on a trailer. This wonderful instrument will be getting into the act as well!
There is a lot going on this day. Check out this exciting schedule! All events take place in Uptown Normal
- All Day – Kiddie Carnival Rides, Fair Food & Games
- 10:00 pm – Junior Gamma Phi Circus
- 11:00 am – Heartland Jazz Orchestra & the Cole Brothers Circus Calliope #69
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm – The Greatest Show on Earth Costume Display & Milner Library Special Collections
- Circus Poster Displays, University Galleries
- 12:00 pm – The Flying Wallendas
- 01:00 pm – Gamma Phi Circus
- 02:15 pm – Illinois Shakespeare Festival: Time Flies: 150 Years of Normal History in 5 Minutes
- 02:30 pm – The Flying Wallendas
- 03:30 pm – Heartland Jazz Orchestra & the Cole Brothers Circus Calliope #69
- 04:30 pm – Gamma Phi Circus
- 05:20 pm – Illinois Shakespeare Festival: Time Flies: 150 Years of Normal History in 5 Minutes
- 05:30 pm – Sesquicentennial Ceremony: Mayor Koos
- 05:45 pm – Skywalk: Tino Wallenda
- 06:00 pm – Street Party
Follow the events on the Normal 1-5-0 Facebook page.